Monday (April 11)
Family thing. Had to cancel Crossfit 😦
Tuesday (April 12)
14KM? 12KM? 10KM? 9KM.
I planned on running 14 kilometers today since I was able to run 12 last week. But I guess God had other plans for me. I started running and at some point had to tighten my shoelaces. As I was tying my shoelaces, I accidentally turned off my iPod which was recording my run. Booo. My fault. I estimated that I’d had already run two kilometers for 10-12 minutes so I restarted my iPod. I put 12KM as my target distance. I ran. I paused my iPod to drink water from the fountain and accidentally ended my run. My bad, AGAIN. I’ve run six out of the 12 by then. I was already tired that sometimes I couldn’t lift my foot high enough making me drag my foot. I had a lot of rest (i.e. walking) too. I started the app again and now put six kilometers as target distance. My knees started to hurt more and my right calf was threatening to cramp so I just called it a night and finished one kilometer.
I stopped the iPod and then realized that I only had one kilometer left until 10 kilometers. I said to myself, “Last push na. Kaya mo iyan“. Pumped up, I put one kilometer target distance and ran. When I checked the iPod, it turned out I haven’t started the app yet! So there…. 😦
Here are some reasons why I think I wasn’t successful tonight:
- SOBRANG INIT. Sweat kept dripping down to my eyes and my sipon was way worse today
- PAGOD. Too much work today
- PALAKA. JOKE. But I did see a frog and was briefly reminded of how fast I can run
- PUSO. Or maybe my heart was just not in it today.. But I was so excited…?
GOOD NEWS! My iPod recorded my first attempt! It was 1.9KM for 14:50! That brings the total distance at 9KM (officially recorded by my iPod) at 1:14:56!
Wednesday (April 13)
I barely made it to the 6PM class. Good thing there were a lot of people joining the class so umabot pa ako sa introduction.
The warm up was four laps jog and the usual stretches. Next was the wall walk and handstand. The wall walk was a breeze even though I think I overextended my right elbow.
I was able to do a handstand though!!! Not perfect but I DON’T CARE!
After this, we proceeded to the strength part. Eight reps for three sets of:
- Zercher squat- just like a regular squat but carrying a barbell on your elbows
- Barbell calf raise- just like a regular calf raise but with a barbell (empty bar for me)
- And 10 reps for two sets of Ab (raised) heel touches, which was just plain torture
We didn’t do the bench press and GHD back extension anymore 😦 I think it was because it would be hard to facilitate with newbies in the group.
Two out of the three newbies went ahead so the coach upped the last workout. Instead of EMOM, we did eight minutes alternate of 10 box jumps and jogs.
I partnered up with Erika and we decided who will jump and who will run. At the start of the timer, I jumped while Erika ran. When I finished the 10 box jumps, we switched roles. Same with the previous round, we switched roles when Erika completed the 10 box jumps. I think we were able to do complete six rounds.
I am so glad I’ve made a new friend. Hihi 🙂
Thursday (April 14)
With my failed attempt to run 14 kilometers two days ago, I changed my target distance to 12KM this time. However, during the run, I opted to reduce my target to 10KM because I was having a hard time running. I ran 11.1KM at 1:11:16
Friday (April 15)
Again, I almost missed the 6PM class. Traffic was bad because it was a pay day Friday.
The warm up was two laps jog, inchworm, pike walk, wall walk and forward roll.
The forward roll was to teach us how to land safely from a hand stand in case we felt our body falling forward. I tried it twice, both times I ended up rolling to my sides. I was scared I might break my neck but it was a cool thing to learn and do. Hopefully, we get to do it again soon. I really want to get that skill!
The main WOD was four sets of:
- 10 Barbell Step ups- with barbell on your back, you step up unto the box 10 times per each leg. I used an empty barbell.
- 10 GHD Reverse Hyperextension- in the GHD machine, you lie face down and extend your leg up while keeping the knee straight
- 10 strict leg raises – we did lying leg raises since the bars were being used
- 10 push clap- regular push up nga hindi ko kaya e. Hehe. I did modified push clap—knee push clap but without the clap
- 10 underhand wrist curls –with 2.5kg plate
- 10 overhand wrist curls –with 2.5kg plate
After that, we did two minutes of rowing and two minutes of double unders or skip rope. I chose the skip rope. Hahaha!
Saturday (April 16)
Rest Day. A sizzling hot day of football at Nuvali. Afterwards, we went to Glorietta for the NBS Stationery Fair, watched The Huntsman (Emily Blunt was <3, but I love all the women there) and ate some noodles at Mu (food was just okay)
Sunday (April 17)
Rest Day. I woke up at around 8AM. By noon, I fell asleep because of the heat and woke up at 4PM! We went to Shangri-La to buy Heat and Chi Spa discounted vouchers and ate at Matgalne (super sulit Korean food!)
I’m seeing little progress with my runs this week probably because of my Crossfit days which are just mostly leg workouts. Oh, and all demo photos are from google search!